1. Realize that you need to be saved. The Bible says, "All have sinned and come short of the glory of God." (Romans 3:23)
2. Recognize God's love for you. "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believerth on Him should not perish but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)
3. Repent of your sins. "I tell you, may, but except you repent, ye shall all likewise perish." (Luke 13:3)
4. Receive Jesus and His forgiveness. "As many as received Him (Jesus Christ, the Son of God), to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name." (John 1:12)
1. Fellowship with God, the Father. "God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord." (I Corininthians 1:9)
Read the Bible daily. "As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:" (I Peter 2:2)
Pray (talk to God) daily. "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:6-7)
2. Fellowship with other Christians. "Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching." (Hebrews 10:25)
3. Perform a ministry in the world. "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen." (Matthew 28:19-20).
Tell others about God and His Son. "Howbeit Jesus suffered him not, but saith unto him, Go home to thy friends, and tell them how great things the Lord hath done for thee, and hath had compassion on thee." (Mark 5:19)
Help other Christians grow. "Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do." (I Thessalonians 5:11)
Serve God wherever you are. "Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God." (I Corinthians 10:31).
Look for the soon return of Christ. (I Thessalonians - entire book)
4. Walk with God with a sanctified life. "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (I John 1:9)
5. Receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit, being sure that you are receiving the fullness of the Spirit that God has for those who believe. "But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth." (Acts 1:8)
"For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. Behold, I have told you before." (Matthew 24:24-25)
"Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth. For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving: For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer. If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained." (I Timothy 4:1-6)
"But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of." (II Peter 2:1-2)
"Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth." ( I Timothy 4:3).
CHRIST IS RETURNING SOON!
ARE YOU READY FOR THAT WONDERFUL EVENT ?
"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forigve their sin and heal their land." (II Chronicles 7:14)
Jo & June Sawyer
Thanks Jo and June for that article
Return to Home page